Monday, September 16, 2019

Entry #4 The Phantom Of The Opera

Image result for the phantom of the opera 2004
               When I was three years old,my parents bought the 2004 movie of the play The Phantom Of The Opera.It was and still is my favorite movie.When I was little I would run around in stores singing the songs from the movie.I had stuffed dolls that I named after the characters and I even wanted to name my little brother after the movie.

Image result for the phantom of the opera 2004 emmy rossum
       I loved the actors in the movie as well,so much that I didn't want to watch any other version of the play.They are such good singers and play the parts well.I absolutely love the main actress that plays Christine Daae,Emmy Rossum. I just realized that she is also in a TV show that I am watching right now called Shameless.The two roles are extremely different but she portrays both characters very well.
    The music,of course,was always my favorite part of this movie/play.I can probably recite the majority of the lyrics and dialogue in movie.Not only did I love the lyrics but also the instrumentals.I can listen to the soundtrack on repeat for days and never get tired of it. 

      One I watched it over again once I grew up, I realized that it is actually a little dark and twisted.Maybe a little too twisted for a toddler to be watching it.As a child I was just intrigued by the singing,colors,and love story.As a young adult, I can see sweet sad and twisted love story.

The movie is about The Phantom,who falls in love with a young girl that lives in the opera house.Through the walls of the opera house,he has been teaching her to sing ever since she was seven years old.She always thought it was an angel sent by her dead father,but soon finds out that's not the case.When her childhood lover comes back into her life,The Phantom starts killing people to win her back.He doesn't understand that someone can't be forced to love someone else and uses violence to solve his problems,instead.All The Phantom has ever know is violence,because of  a deformity of his face his mother put him in a circus where they abused him for others amusement. 
At the end of the movie Christine teaches him that it's not his face that makes him a monster,it's how he acts.What I really like about this movie is that she looked past the murderous monster and made him a better person.Most people would have called him a monster and ran away.
Image result for the phantom of the opera quotes
       In the end,I believe that the message of the movie is that it doesn't matter what you look like,what matters is how you act and what you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment